Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Gullwing 1956 - 31.500 miles - Québec - Canada - occasion à vendre
texte de l'annonceur : en anglais
This is an unmolested example of the beautiful, rare and storied 300SL Gullwing Coupe. This 1956 model was purchased by its 2nd and current owner in 1962 via private sale. The original owner was an airport manager at a remote airport without any connecting roads, who used the car to run up and down the runway. It was shipped between the owner's location and the Mercedes dealership in Montreal for its annual maintenance.until purchased by its current owner. Since then, this car has been maintained annually, but driven very little. With just over 31000 original miles, the car has been driven an average of about 200 miles per year since 1962, with the majority of those miles added before the late 1970's.
The owner wishes to sell the vehicle, but will not entertain offers below the 'Reserve' price.
1. This gullwing was re-sprayed once in 1967 by the best Mercedes auto body and paint facility in Montreal at the time (Cristofaro). Although the majority of the paint is still shiny and smooth, there are a few blemishes which have been the result of shipping to and from annual maintenance and auto shows, or while in storage. Other than the re-spray, this is a 'survivor' and has never been restored. It carries almost all of its original parts attributable to its low mileage, with the exception of those parts which required replacement as a result of wear and tear. It carries the 'patina' appropriate for a vehicle of its age and use.
2. Always stored indoors, the car has never been driven in the snow and has seen very little rain. It has been transported by trailer to occasional auto shows and events, and was used as a feature display at a Mercedes dealership in Canada's capital city, Ottawa for a few months. This car was never raced, nor has it ever been crashed or damaged in any accident.
3. The 'belly-pans' are not on the car, but are carefully stored and wrapped in cardboard, and are included with the car. The belly pans were removed to provide better access for maintenance.
4. The original Rudge 'knock-off' wheels are included. The tires are very old and of the original type. They hold air and the car has been stored out of the sunlight. However, driving on these old tires is not recommended.
5. This car does not include fitted luggage. The owner believes that this car was not fitted with the luggage when new. The interior carries its original carpeting and red leather seats, which have weathered somewhat with age. The steering wheel has some cracks typical of these cars. The 'patina' is very appropriate to a car of its age and mileage.
6. The car has been carefully maintained annually. It runs and drives.
7. The current owner added front and rear fog lights at some point during the mid-1960's.
8. All of this car's paperwork, which included repair history, original title and other documentation was stolen from the owner's home a few years ago. The owner has proof of ownership and registration in his name. The car will be sold with a clear title provided.
9. The vehicle can be viewed by appointment about 30 minutes West of Montreal's Pierre Elliott Trudeau airport (he also owned a 300 SL convertible).
10. I am not the owner. The owner is a private collector and a friend. Please contact me via EBay messaging to arrange a viewing and to answer questions.
11. Bidders with fewer than 10 EBay transactions, or less than 100% positive feedback must contact me before bidding or your bids will be cancelled.
12. The seller reserves the right to end this auction early. This vehicle is also for sale locally. Payment in full by bank wire transfer must be received prior to releasing the vehicle to the buyer. The accuracy of all information provided is as provided to me by the seller. I am not a professional seller and am assisting with this sale on behalf of my friend who owns the car. Serious inquiries will be able to communicate directly with the owner.
The original colour of this car was DB 158, which is White-Gray. The paint applied in 1967 is a metallic Silver-Gray.